News and Updates
- Keynote video online: Dr. Stefan Winkler's keynote The Trouble with MOS is now available for viewing online here
- Keynote video online: Dr. Floyd Mueller's keynote The Body and Multimedia is now available for viewing online here
- Keynote video online: George Wright's keynote From Newspaper to Newsdigital is now available for viewing online here
- 9 July: Thank you to all the QoMEX 2012 delegates and volunteers, the workshop was well attended and a great success. We hope you enjoyed QoMEX and your time in the Yarra Valley and Australia - see you at QoMEX 2013 in Klagenfurt, Austria!
- 25 June: Delegates please note that the group bus will be departing for the workshop venue from Southern Cross Station Coach Terminal bus bay 55 at 4pm, July 4! More information is available here
- 15 June: Authors please note that oral/poster presentation slides must be uploaded to CMT by July 2, 5pm (Pacfic Time)!. More information is available here
- 5 June: Authors please note that further information about oral/poster presentations is available here
- 4 June: A small number of twin-share rooms have been released for non-student accommodation - if you would like to modify your accommodation booking, please login to the registration site with your email address and password that you set up when originally registering. Please note that the number of twin-share rooms available is limited so please act promptly!
- 29 May: The QoMEX 2013 Call for Proposals has just been released - submissions are due by June 25, 2012!
- 17 May: VISA INFORMATION: Authors please ensure that you allow enough time to apply for an Australian visa - the passport which you hold determines whether you can apply online or if you need to lodge a paper-based application. It is recommended that participants lodge their visa application at least 2 weeks before their intended date of travel to Australia for online visa applications or 6-8 weeks for paper-based applications.
- 7 May: Online registration (including booking of on-site accommodation, highly recommended due to the workshop location) for the workshop is available here, early-bird registration discount rates apply if you register before May 30, 5pm (Pacfic Time)! More information about the venue, accommodation, and transport.
- 5 May: Full paper decisions have been emailed out to authors, the list of accepted papers is available here.
- 16 March: Extended versions of selected papers will be published in the journal Springer Multimedia Tools and Applications (MTAP) Special Issue on QoMEX!
- 13 Feb: Tutorial announcement: "Waiting Times and QoE", hosted by Sebastian Egger, Tobias Hossfeld, Raimund Schatz and Markus Fiedler!
- 30 Jan: The paper submission site is open, please check the compatibility of your paper with PDF eXpress before submitting (Conference ID: qomex2012wkxp)
Conveniently to be held a few days prior to ICME 2012 with the workshop venue located close to Melbourne, the fourth International Workshop on Quality of Multimedia Experience (QoMEX) will bring together leading professionals and scientists interested in evaluating multimedia quality and user experience. QoMEX is the flagship workshop of the European COST action Qualinet which serves as its technical and financial sponsor. The 2012 workshop is the first of the series to be held in the Asia-Pacific and provides new opportunities for QoMEX to explore the rich technology interests of the region. QoMEX 2012 will be held at The Sebel Heritage Yarra Valley, a luxury 4.5 star golf and spa resort. The Yarra Valley is one of the premier food and wine regions of Australia, home to the Yarra Ranges and over 100 local wineries.
Multimedia is a ubiquitous part of modern life; content is delivered on a wide variety of devices both fixed and mobile, the consumption environment can vary dramatically and increasingly users demand fulfilling interaction with their media. Evaluation, both objectively and subjectively of separate audio, video or image content is well known, but there are substantial challenges in evaluating users' complete experiences of mixed content. This is exacerbated by the diversity of devices, interfaces, consumption environments and content prevalent in today's market. Increasingly, evaluation approaches must include psychological, perceptual and contextual dimensions to truly represent and measure users’ experiences. Understanding how users react and perceive content and applications will inform and improve new applications and lead to improved user experiences.
QoMEX 2012 features oral presentations, exhibits, panel sessions and poster sessions, providing attendees with various opportunities to discuss the latest progress and trends in multimedia user experience. The workshop venue and format has been specifically chosen to increase opportunities for expert interaction and discussion. The proceedings of QoMEX 2012 will be published in IEEE Xplore.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Visual User Experience (Image/Video/Graphics): Objective and subjective quality evaluation, psychovisual modelling, quality‐centered processing, compression and transmission, QoE evaluation in HD and beyond.
- Auditory User Experience (Speech/Audio): Psychoacoustic modelling, quality assessment of interactive speech and audio applications/ interfaces, models and metrics for evaluation of spatial audio.
- Sensory User Experiences: Novel sensory interfaces, methods for sensory user feedback, quality metrics and assessment methods for evaluation of ambient and sensory experiences.
- QoE for Mobile Devices: device‐dependent, adaptive user interfaces, evaluating interactive experiences on mobile devices, objective and subjective evaluation on iPhone/Android/mobile multimedia applications.
- QoE for 3D Multimedia: QoE metrics and evaluation methods for 3D audio and 3D video, virtual, augmented and mixed realities, haptic interaction, other immersive modalities and interactive interfaces.
- Standardization Activities in Multimedia Quality Evaluation: Benchmarking efforts, multimedia databases/ datasets of various modalities (speech, audio, video, sensory, etc.) and fidelities (quality, bitrate, etc.), testing conditions and methods, new objective metrics and models for upcoming standards.
- Applications and Services: evaluating QoE in multimedia applications e.g., games/gamification, biomedical/telemedicine, distance education, teleconferencing/telepresence, multimedia web search/browsing, cloud‐based multimedia applications, etc.
- Short paper submission deadline: April 20 2012, 5pm (Pacific Time)
- Full paper submission deadline:
February 14, 2012EXTENDED TO MARCH 5 2012, 5pm (Pacific Time)
- Notification of acceptance (full papers): April 30, 2012
- Notification of acceptance (short papers): May 7, 2012
- Camera ready submission: May 20, 2012
- Author and early-bird registration deadline: May 30, 2012
- Author presentation submission deadline: July 2 2012, 5pm (Pacific Time)
For more information or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org